TOY FAIR 2013: MATTEL

Written by on February 12, 2013 in Doc Owen, Toy Fair 2013 - 11 Comments

About the Author

I am the All powerful and MIGHTY Toygodd. Screw with me and face my wrath!

11 Comments on "TOY FAIR 2013: MATTEL"

1. Umpire February 12, 2013 at 5:18 am ·

Finally in Adam West and Burt Ward Batman figure I can’t believe it I waited so many years with itb! And the Batmobile that’s just icing on the cake!

2. Sliding Lock Man in PA February 12, 2013 at 4:33 pm ·

I’m loving that Frank Gorshin Riddler figure — always my favorite character. That, plus the news that the Cesar Romero Joker is going to have his mustache whited over, just makes me very happy.

3. namtab39 February 12, 2013 at 5:00 pm ·

Any idea as to which Catwoman will be in the 6″ scale? The likenesses are probably the best they could get away with in some instances but that Robin needs a sandwich. Not sold on the sparkling blue tone Batman; Batgirl yes, Batman not so much. My only fear now is finding them as I’m not sure that the line has retail appeal and if they go E-tail only it will be hard to pick them up at the $15.99 suggested price. With luck maybe this will be an instance of Mattel not failing the collectors. Bat-Fingers crossed!

• Sliding Lock Man in PA February 12, 2013 at 11:09 pm ·

Oh, PLEASE let it be Julie Newmar! She will always be “my” Catwoman. I think I was 13 when the show first aired, and I thought it was great. Still do. Hey, TG, if you see this, can you give me some more info on those Hot Wheels? Is the Ecto-1 in 1:50 scale? What are those first four DC cars after the Star Trek ships? Are they with the deluxe line that Bizarro is part of, or are they with the (slightly) cheaper DC vehicles line? And which Batmobile is that next to the Bat? Is it a Joel Schumaker Batmobile or the one from “Batman Live”?

• namtab39 February 14, 2013 at 5:40 pm ·

I had initially read that the Catwoman would be after the Lee Meriweather version because of the film link which was why I asked. Since they’re producing a “surf” Batman it would look like the series proper is game too. Wonder if that will be in a 2 pack with “surfer” Joker? The Ecto-1 appears to be 1/64 scale unless the Atari Tempest car shown in the background is also of a larger scale. The Batmobiles appear to be the last wave of 1/50 scale that came out months ago (catalog here hotwheelscollectors.com/showroom/productline/bat/ ). That’s the Batman & Robin Batmobile, not the Batman Live one.

• namtab39 February 14, 2013 at 5:45 pm ·

Yep, Ecto is 1/64 “RETRO” line – amazon.com/GHOSTBUSTERS-ECTO-1-RETRO-Hot-Wheels/dp/B00AQL7T8Y/ref=pd_bxgy_t_img_y

4. Doc Owen February 12, 2013 at 6:14 pm ·

I am very glad for Umpire, he has been waiting on this for a long long time.

I am also once again amazed at TG’s pictures. By far the best on the web. and ohh soo many.

Because of some family issues and some work issues I was unable to got to Toy Fair.

At first I greatly regreted it, however since Mattel would have be one of the main companies I would be covering. To my mind, I find the majority of thier offerings paltry at best.

Is this all we are going to see? Last year was “wait till 2013 we are gearing up for it” but look at how little they showed. This does not look to be a great year for them. Maybe Superman can save us.

As for the subscription, the worst least used Red Hood ever? and we “demanded” a figure. Guys if you have run out of ideas, or money just say so.

5. drew-p February 12, 2013 at 11:27 pm ·

I am doing the Batusi right now old chum!

6. Umpire February 13, 2013 at 3:23 am ·

I have to agree with Dr. Owen the offerings are not really what I expected. Mattel seems to have swung heavy with the WWE and with he-man but the DC license seems to be taken a backseat. My fear is that if Man of Steel doesn’t show very well in the movie theaters that the product is going to take a beating on the shelves as well. I thought we would maybe see a animated series of Superman figures…

still, I’m happy to see good ol’ Adam West and the Batmobile coming to market. and yes, it should be Julie Newmar as Cat Woman. Also batgirl should have a motorcycle and she should be able to ride it

7. namtab39 February 14, 2013 at 5:56 pm ·

I just noticed that the Imaginext nU52 Superman seems to have a soul patch. Unintentional I’m sure. :)